Our Family Farms

Protecting Our Families, Our Farms, and Our Future

TODO: Put alt text for header image here.


Farmworker Families Need Your Help

 


Photo Credit Amber McKee


Southern Oregon has been devastated by unprecedented fires. Thousands of homes are now just piles of ash. Our farms and farmworkers have been hit hard--and need your help to recover! 

Fresh, delicious, locally-grown food is the pride of our region. More than ever, people are relying on our own foodshed. Farmworker families have been our heroes. Now it’s our turn to help them!

100% of your donation goes toward immediate and long-term housing for our farmworkers and their families. Your gift will help cover pressing needs unmet by any future government assistance.

 


 

Our Family Farms is a 501(c)3 organization. All donations are tax-deductible

 

 

Our Family Farms Fire Relief Fund Grants

 

Our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the fires however we are no longer accepting applications for the Fire Relief Fund. We still have many approved applications that we are hoping to be able to fund when additional donations are received.

If you are a family in need of funds and have not already turned in an application, please email us to get on the waiting list as more funds could come in. First priority will be given to food crop farmworkers.

 

 

 

FUNDRAISING UPDATE


With the outpouring of support of generous donors from around southern Oregon and around the world,
 we have raised over $250,000 to help farmworkers replace their homes lost in the Almeda and the South Obenchain fires and have awarded seed grants to over 40 families.

80% of all donated funds are being given directly to farmworkers through the Our Family Farms Fire Relief Fund. The remainder 20% is being reserved to support long term affordable housing solutions for agricultural workers. We are working with other community organizations on long term solutions. We will be sending updates as things progress. 

The board of directors at Our Family Farms are grateful for the generous support on this regenerative agricultural journey of community recovery and rebuilding. The need for help to get our agricultural workers rehoused has been overwhelming. Our Family Farms will continue to accept donations for the next several weeks so that we can help as many farmworker families as possible.

Learn more on our Fire Relief Fund page or contact us to get involved in this project.

 

 

 

The latest

- Wild Bee ID is a groundbreaking new website and app available on iPhones and Androids to help you protect our rapidly-dwindling pollinator populations from The Center for Food Safety.  
- Did you or someone you know lose housing and belongings in the Almeda fire and now need art for walls? Until February 7, fire survivors can choose a free framed photograph from Matt Witt Photography, in partnership with Rogue A...
- Our Family Farms, an Oregon 501(c)3 non profit organization, is hard at work educating, advocating and inspiring farmers, policy makers and the community at large to support regenerative agricultural practices.

"Eating is an agricultural act." ~ Wendell Berry