The Edible Little Applegate Bicycle Adventure
6 Tasty Courses
12 Country Miles
Sunday, October 11th, 2015
1:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Explore the Little Applegate River Valley by bicycle. Meet the GMO-free Seed Growers at Wandering Fields. Nibble on homestead cheeses at By George Creamery. Nosh on wood-fired baked bread at Rise UP! Bakery. Dine al fresco at Wild Wines Winery.
Local, non-GMO and primarily organically-grown ingredients donated by the following Little Applegate Valley farms and homestead businesses: Wandering Fields, Rise UP! Artisan Bread, Wolf Gulch Farm, Yale Creek Brewery, Wild Wines, By George Creamery and Wilding Center’s Forage Farm.
$120 per cyclist
If you missed this event and would like to be notified of similar events in the future,
please let us know by clicking here and include any dietary requirements (i.e. - vegan.)
(registration deadline is October 3rd)
All profits benefit Our Family Farms Coalition legal fund
There are uphill portions. This will be is a fully-supported ride with Local Farmer Guides, Support Vehicle, Mobile Bike Repair and Carpool Shuttle Coordination. Route details and carpool info will be sent to participants.
Schedule (subject to change)
- Carpool meets up before Noon and leaves Ashland/Medford no later than 12:15 PM
- 1 PM Carpools meet at Wilding Center’s Summer Garden, 4873 Little Applegate Road
- By 1:20 PM bike over to Wandering Fields (under ½ mile paved)
- 1:30 PM- arrive at Wandering Fields for GMO-Free Seed Processing Demonstration and Field Tour with Farmer Ben. (Course 1)
- By 2:30 PM- Folks back on bikes heading to By George Creamery 2 miles, (toward the end: gentle uphill paved, then ¼ mile uphill to steeper up n’ down gravel driveway thru farm to creamery. Cyclists can station bikes by the farm store and walk up.)
- 3 PM- By George Creamery cheesetasting starts (Course 2)
- 3:15 PM- Creamery Tour I with Dairymen Jonny and Tyson
- By 4 PM, Everyone should be back on bikes, heading uphill. 3 miles gradual, but all uphill gravel road, mostly in forest shade along Yale Creek to steep gravel driveway. Bikes can again be stationed and participants can walk-up.
- 4:30 PM- Canapes at Rise UP! Bakery on Full Bloom Farm (Course 3)
- 4:45 PM- Rise UP! Bakery Tour I
- 5:30PM- Back on bikes, head to Wild Wines 5 miles downhill, (3 miles gravel to 2 miles paved)
- 6PM- Seating for Dinner (Course 4/5)
- 7 PM: Sunset Winetasting in tasting room begins with Winemaker Carla and Dessert (Course 6)
- By 9 PM- First carpool shuttle leaves
Questions? Email email@example.com or call Elise at (541) 200-9972.
Note: Cyclists need to be physically capable of riding 12 miles, 6 of them on a gravel dirt road with appropriate bike and gear.
Event coordinated by Breath of Fire Productions